Monday 6 June 2016

Before the War



Before:






After:


I chose to restore the portrait of the man because I believed it would be the easiest one.  It didn't have all the scenery that the other photo had, so it seemed like it would be less stressful to complete.
The most challenging part of the photo to restore was the man's hair.  In the original he did not have much of it that was not destroyed by the photo, so using what little remained to create a new head of hair was extremely difficult.  The easiest thing to restore for me was his suit, it had little to no damage so the bit that was was easy to restore.
I have never retouched or restored a photo before, I never had to at any point in my life.
In my opinion, I do not believe I would want to do this for a living.  I am not very good at it, so it would not make me much money, plus I did not find it an exceptionally exciting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment