Friday 3 June 2016

Freak of Nature


I have chosen to combine the body of a seal pup, with the head of a Golden Retriever puppy.  This was my plan because the seal is commonly referred to as the "Sea dog", and I thought it would be interesting to see what an actual dog, mixed with the sea animal characteristics, would look like.
The most challenging part of this project for me was the blending.  It was extremely difficult to attempt and make the head of the puppy appear like it actually belonged on the body of a seal.  Yet, the easiest part for me was the placement of the head, and transferring one image to the next.  Also, I found trimming the outer layer of the puppy head that was left over from it's original picture quite simple.
I do not exactly think my picture looks expertly realistic, but I do believe the colours match very well with each other.  The part for me that appears slightly off, would be the blending of the puppy's head, is seems quite "anti-smooth" in a way.
The only time I can ever remember using picture editing software was when I was in middle school.  It was very common for younger children to take pictures and edit them in extreme ways, that were clearly not actual part of the picture.  For instance, I would place quotes or phrases that I thought were cool in the middle of a normal picture, then add stickers to it.  It was far from a good editing process as it was certainly obvious.

Picture sources can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment