Tuesday 23 February 2016

Assignment #1: Shopping Carts

1. One reason why people still shop in stores is because of urgency.  You do not have to wait however many business days to receive your purchase, you can quickly run out, and grab what you need.  They go to stores for the things needed now, not later.  Another reason people remain in malls and stores to shop is because of the "unknowing" factor of online shopping.  For example, in a store, you can try stuff out; such as clothes or perfume, but online you never know how the clothes will fit, or how the perfume will smell.

2. The two biggest reasons people shop online is because of the expanded merchandise, as well as the availability.  With online purchases, most stores will sell more items than they do in store, giving the buyers even more options to choose from.  Also, when you shop online, your purchases are either shipped to your nearest post office, or even your own home.  You no longer have to go out of your way to buy these things.

3. For me, the choice of which shopping I would prefer can vary, depending on my reasons for shopping.  Personally, I do not enjoy the hassle of shopping online, worrying about if it'll fit or not, but I also do prefer having more options.  If I had to choose though, I would have to say that shopping in stores is my preference.  I like to know where my money is going for sure, and that the items I am purchasing, are not going to disappoint me.

4. In 2050, I believe that people will still remain in stores, unless some brand new technological device is created that can bring you your needed purchases instantly.  For me, the thought of people avoiding stores is ridiculous, especially when you cannot buy fresh produce online that will not be rotten by the time it arrives.  So, I do think in 2050 stores will still be a common form of shopping, especially added the factor that with in store shopping, almost always, what you see, is what you get.

5. As any business owner would believe, the most important thing to consider when adapting your company, is how society is functioning today.  In my opinion, this was a smart business plan change on Canada Post's behalf.  They are adapting to the new lifestyles so many people are taking on, although it can be a downfall for those who are not quite ready to make that digital change.  For instance, my grandparents do not tend to use any form of technology, other than a telephone.  So, for them, it would be an issue when Canada Post switches their purpose.

6. One way that online stores could do to improve on their return processes and such, would be to allow a free exchange on the products, and to keep the shoppers informed on how long their product will take in postage.  This would allow us to get a better idea on how things are going to work, without the risk of losing money.

No comments:

Post a Comment