Thursday 18 February 2016

Do As I Say (Assignment #2)

Five reasons I choose to do the right things in digital society are:
1.  For me, reputation is everything.  Being involved in many activities that involve maintaining a good position in the eyes of others, I cannot be putting things out there in the digital society that may put these things into question.  I must avoid posting rude or hateful comments, cursing, or any inappropriate online expression that could give me a different posture, (and not to mention, it's just plain rude and I prefer to be as kind as possible).
2.Jail is not somewhere I would like to be.  So, hacking into websites or accounts belonging to other people is something I will not participate in.
3.  I see what happens to people who are put into embarrassing, cruel, activities online.  Suicide is a huge issue, especially today, where we go to our screens for everything.  Frankly, I just do not wish to be the reason behind someone else's pain.  To push someone so far that they believe harming themselves is the only way out, is the sickest of actions anyone could make.
4.  I value my computer and digital communication more than a lot of things in my life.  In order to keep my accounts and data safe, and as private as possible, I avoid all websites that could contain viruses that may harm my computers or other forms of technology.
5.  Being someone who puts a lot of effort into everything I do, I understand greatly the issues behind stealing the work of other people.  Being lazy is a terrible excuse.  Someone spent a lot of time on these things, whether it be music, writing, paintings, etc. and to illegally import them for yourself, and not give the creator the proper acknowledgement (whether that be money, or even a simple source) is inappropriate in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment