Wednesday 17 February 2016

Journal #2: Digital Communication



The most surprising thing I found about digital communication would be the ways that people use it, and how some believe it is an adequate substitute for social interaction. This surprised me because I always knew our generation, with our new found technology and such, were very disconnected, but I never could have imagined we were that much. We see digital communication as an accurate form of communication, when really, it lacks all the things that are necessary in conversation.




From the video I watched, I learned that it is actually considered rude to not reply to messages within 24 hours. As someone who has a lot of trouble replying to people, mainly just because I am terrible at realizing when a message is received, it gave me a new understanding of how people may view my responses. As well, I learned that when you send a document under say microsoft word 2007, the person you send it to may not be able to open it. I learned how to fix this problem by saving the document under a Rich Text Format.



BCC or Blind Carbon Copy is when an E-mail contains addresses of recipients of the message whose addresses are not to be revealed to other recipients of the message. It could be used when sending an important message to several people at the same time so that the other recipients of the message would not see the addresses of the other members. This would be important when the others may value their privacy and wish for the amount of people who know their address to be sparse.



I believe it should be considered by young people that your level of respect is greatly affected when using digital communication. When speaking to family or friends, or any level of authority, it could be considered rude to not give the respect of socializing. It is important to remain connected to people socially, so you do not lose that sense of "people skills" or else you will become someone who may even fear the pressure of social interaction. You must limit your usage of digital communication in order to obtain these results.




No comments:

Post a Comment